We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.8 of the MetaCDN platform. 1.8 introduces a stack of new features including:
If you are an existing customer, you can log in to your account at any time to see the new features and changes. If you are new to MetaCDN, sign up now to receive $30 credit and 30 days free site acceleration.
The Advanced-S Site Accelerator can accelerate your entire website – both static and dynamic content. It is optimised for super fast delivery of small objects (less than 10MB) via a global network of 34 points of presence (PoPs). This makes Advanced-S perfect for boosting your website performance by accelerating:
- stylesheets (css)
Of course you are not limited to the above – Advanced-S can deliver any file type. However, it is best suited to small object delivery. If you have larger objects ( > 10MB) such as video you may be better suited to a different site accelerator tier such as Standard or Advanced. Check out the comparison chart below to compare the tiers, or simply contact us for help.
The Advanced-S Site Accelerator harnesses multiple CDNs simultaneously, which enables more PoPs and faster delivery for your users. This service leverages CDN edge nodes that are tuned for maximum IO performance. We have a global network of edge nodes that will serve your files straight from RAM or high speed solid state drives (SSD).
Advanced-S also features shared SSL support that can be utilised via your branded MetaCDN subdomain. For instance, if your site name is mysite-cdn, and your MetaCDN accelerated URL is mysite-cdn.sa.metacdn.com, you can use https://mysite-cdn.sa.metacdn.com to securely and quickly access objects from your website.
If you want SSL available on your own custom domain (i.e. CNAME) such as cdn.mysite.com, please contact us. Additional fees apply in this instance as the SSL certificate must be deployed on all backend CDN providers.
A frequently requested feature over the last year has been live streaming. As such, we are very pleased to announce preview access to the MetaCDN live streaming service. This is perfect to share your next big event in real time, such as:
- Sporting Events
- Annual General Meetings (AGM)
You can have multiple simultaneous streams (or ‘channels’), perfect for multisession conferences. Live streaming is fully integrated with your existing branded video templates, allowing you to completely control the look and feel of your live stream and seamlessly embed it on your own website for a more professional look.
Publishing a live stream couldn’t be simpler. MetaCDN has support for popular live stream publishing software such as Flash Live Media Encoder (FLME) and Wirecast, which makes setting up a live stream a breeze.
Please note that the pricing is not yet finalised for live streaming. You can currently trial it risk free – the only charge for this service during the preview is for data, which is metered at the standard data out rates on our pricing page.
Why is it a preview?
We are still finalising a few aspects of the service before “officially” launching it. In particular:
- The cost of the service. The service will be priced per active stream (i.e. channel), and we expect it to be highly competitive in the marketplace. During the preview, you will be charged for data usage only at the standard data out rates.
- Reporting is currently absent. We will add full reporting capabilities so you can understand how your live stream is being accessed and by who. These reports will be similar to your existing media reports.
- Mobile device compatibility. Currently mobile devices such as iOS (Apple iPhone/iPad) and Android are not supported. In the release version, HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) will be fully supported, allowing live streams to be played on iOS and Android devices.
Give it a try for your next important event – we’d love to hear your feedback.
With the addition of live streaming to our platform, the dashboard was getting a bit “busy”. There are many things you can do with MetaCDN, but they all represent ‘accelerating’ a key part of your web or online infrastructure. You can:
- Accelerate an individual file (from a static document to a high definition video file) via our Content service
- Accelerate an entire website via our Site Acceleration service
- Accelerate a live stream via our Live Streaming service
We’ve modified the dashboard navigation to streamline accessing all these options. Below is the old dashboard that you would have seen when you logged into MetaCDN. The top navigation menu is persistent on all screens.
Now let’s take a look at the updated header, with quick access to all key acceleration functions:
This should allow you to perform your key acceleration tasks a lot faster! Simply log into your account to check out these new changes.