MetaCDN is pleased to announce the introduction of a new lower tier ‘Basic’ CDN plan.
The $20/month ‘Basic’ plan is perfect for users with a single website who don’t need the added extras of our higher tier plans.
You can find more detailed information on the plan here. If you’re interested in the new plan we recommend you start start the 14 day free trial, and give our CDN a whirl!
If you have any queries about the new plan tweet us at @metacdn or send us an email.
We’re pleased to announce that MetaCDN are now offering monthly rollover for unused credits for all Content Delivery and Live Streaming plans. Credits left over from the previous month’s allocation are now being rolled over into the next month. This is free of charge, and is now in effect for all new and existing accounts.
A few things to note:
- If your account is closed then reopened you will lose all of the built up credits and will have to start from scratch.
- Credits are now effectively valid for 2 months.
If you have any questions about this new feature feel free to contact us!
So if I’m not using a CDN, then how is my website currently serving content to visitors?
In most cases your server is likely serving your website content using the following method.
MetaCDN recently evaluated the impact of a 1 second reduction in page load time for a client. While 1 second seems like a small saving, it’s often just the tip of the iceberg. This client ended up saving a huge 4,234 hours per year in load times! This was achieved with the use of our CDN (content delivery network)!
The infographic below explains the load time reduction for our client and then goes on to explain a little about why reducing load times is so important for every site especially eCommerce websites.
MetaCDN is very excited to be Silver Sponsors of the Magento Imagine eCommerce Conference, held on MAY 12TH – 14TH at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas.
Everything MetaCDN related can be found at our special Magento Imagine landing page, metacdn.com/imagine
James Broberg and Cameron Lowe from MetaCDN are already on the ground in Las Vegas preparing for the big show. If you want to talk about Web Performance, Content Delivery Networks or Magento Optimization come and find us! We will be available at the following locations:
- Catch us at the Magento #PreImagine Community TweetUp at Culinary Dropout on Sunday 11/5 from 4-7pm.
- Come and say hello to us in Booth #68B at the Imagine Marketplace during Marketplace hours from Monday – Wednesday. Visitors can get a free Web Performance Report on their Magento powered website just by visiting us!
- Send a tweet to @jamesbroberg or @camolowe to arrange a meetup.