With the release of MetaCDN 2.0, Live Streaming has moved out of preview and has been officially released. If you haven’t tried our Live Streaming service before, sign up for your 28 day free trial to get started.
Preview access to the Live Streaming service was included as part of MetaCDN Version 1.8, released in March 2013. As announced, our plan was to use the preview to finalize three things – pricing, reporting and mobile device compatibility. During the preview we received some fantastic feedback, added detailed reporting on live stream usage and improved mobile device compatibility. We’re now confident we’ve built the live streaming service you’ve been looking for:
- Affordable at just $49/month per active stream (i.e. channel).
- Full Reporting to help you understand exactly when, where, how and by who your live streams were viewed.
- Mobile Device Compatibility to allow perfect presentation on any device. The HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) protocol is fully supported (seamlessly alongside existing delivery for desktop), allowing live streams to be played on iOS and Android.
- 100% Brandable with support for your own customized video players.
We’re confident you’ll love the new Live Streaming service but see how we stack up against the competition.
Why Live Streaming?
Video is the most powerful and engaging content you can deliver online. By offering Live Streaming you are allowing your fans, followers and customers to participate in any event you run from anywhere in the world. Here’s just a few uses people have found for Live Streaming:
- Conferences and tradeshows
- Music gigs, concerts and performances
- Lectures, seminars and workshops
- Church services and weddings
- Sporting events
- Fashion shows
- Product launches
Got an event coming up? Start your 28 day free trial and start streaming.